Thursday, June 24, 2010

What I loved and hated about NYC in one short article.

If you haven't heard of Improv Everywhere, allow me to shortly describe whose these people are.   Basically, a group of artists get together and pull various harmless pranks on the city.   Just about every event they organize is brilliant.   For instance, they'll get a bunch of fat guys to walk inside Abercrombie and Fitch and remove their shirts, obviously poking fun at the shirtless idiots Abercrombie constantly has walking around its store.   Another stunt involved fifty or so people at once heading into Best Buy wearing blue shirts and khaki pants.

More recently, Improv Everywhere spray painted this graphic onto a Fifth Avenue sidewalk, garnering much attention.


I love this.   I think it is clever and most people found it quite amusing.   No harm done, except for maybe a little vandalism.  No biggie.   However, upon reading about the prank in the New York Daily News, I read this quote, "Real New Yorkers don't notice crap like this," said Rolando Gilbride, 33, of Brooklyn.  "We don't look down when we walk.  We look forward."

What a total prick job.  I generally try to stay away from name calling, but this guy deserves it.  Get over yourself.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/05/20/2010-05-20_lane_just_for_tourists_spices_up_fifth_ave.html


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those guys! Did you see the ghostbusters one that they recently did? I hope I get to be present when they do a prank one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually asked to be part of a subway Star Wars prank, but couldn't do it. I'm sure it will be online before long.

    ReplyDelete